All the other bloggers are doing it, so here goes, my goals for 2013. At least as they relate to my house. You can find my personal goals for 2013 here.
- Actually take a picture of my husband's finished office. This will NOT require him to clean off his desk, or for me to falsely "style" it. I just want to get it documented and checked off.
- Resolve the overabundance of branches we have going on in the entry.
- Finish our mudroom.
- Clean up our entry stairs, which includes programming the exterior lights, which I've been ignoring for well over a year. Dark stairs = very bad hostess.
Yep, that seems like it. Since in 2012 I freshened up our master bedroom, created a baby nursery, swapped out my son's crib for a construction themed big boy bedroom, make a butterfly bedroom with collage wall for my daughter, totally redid the guest room, bought 3 new rugs (oy!) for our dining room, new chairs and art, and finished the living room. Oh and re-arranged the entry to make room for a new-old piano.
In blog-related, but not house-related goals, I would like to/have to throw the following parties. (rough life, I know:)
- Superbowl Party
Valentine's Day party/play date(this one is already off the table)
- My 33rd birthday (maybe a party?)
- 4 year old Fireman themed birthday (unless he changes his mind)
- Be away for 4th of July, so avoid a party...
- 6 year old Princess party (she's totally up in the air on this one)
- Back-to-School Party (in my head this is a good idea)
- My husband's 34th birthday.
- A million-bajillion Jewish holidays. Seriously, that's how the fall feels to me.
- Attend a Halloween party, thanks Rebecca!
- 2 year old birthday party with theme determined by the older siblings.
- Thanksgiving. At our house.
- Hanukkah, at least 1 "party" involved here.
- Somewhere in here host another black-tie holiday party, possibly wear my wedding dress, or just dress up, not sure yet.
Well, now that I typed it out, 12 parties sounds like a lot, but with kids who go to bed so early (6pm, 6:30 at the latest), I'd rather be at my own house that ducking out of someone else's party before dinner is even served:)